Officiating still sucks and other thoughts on opening games
Watching the Habs - Leafs game last night, I came to the realization that Mike Komisarek is a douchebag. He probably always has been, but it was harder to notice when he was playing for my team.
I'm sure glad he's with the Leafs now.
Speaking of powerplay opportunities, there were a few calls last night that made my blood boil. When a guy gets deliberately pushed into the other team's goaltender... How can that be called goaltender interference? It happened twice last night and was REALLY obvious both times... How do the refs always disregard that it's almost impossible to stop when you get pushed at the same time? Stupid.
If you're going to be an idiot and send the guy pushed onto the goaltender to the box, at least punish the guy pushing him also.
/End of rant
Quick thoughts on the games last night:
- It's going to be a long, long season in Toronto if Komisarek plays like he did against the Habs.
- Viktor Stalberg is really fast.
- Vesa Toskala still sucks.
- Watch out for the Avs now with Craig Anderson. He's no Budaj or Raycroft.
- Dany Heatley a -3 with 2 shots in his first game as a Shark. I'm sure the Ottawa Senators find that funny.
- The Flames looked good early on but sat on their lead as they watched the Canucks almost climb back from a 3-0 deficit. Lesson of the day: never sit on a lead.
- The new Habs are awesome... And they're going to need to step up now that Markov is out for 2-3 months. Markov injured against the Leafs... Sounds familiar? It should.